Sunday, May 17th 2015
- Central American Hardwoods; 825 East Franklin (Jerry Ziliak - 812-618-7598)
- US 41 - first exit north of the Lloyd Express way; go west on Virginia
- Take an immediate left (south) on to Ferris; and proceed for about one block to Franklin St.
- Turn right onto Franklin and proceed west.
- After stopping at the stop sign at Kentucky Ave. proceed on west about 1/2 block and take a left (between two buildings and across the street from 908 East Franklin). You will see 825 on the door facing east. Park anywhere in the back.
PLAN TO BRING A CHAIR as the facility is not equipped with seats for hosting a group.
Jerry plans to share his knowledge and experiences with some of the most exotic hardwoods in the world. This presentation and experience will provide an opportunity to learn, touch, and feel about hardwoods he imports from Central America and distributes around the world. He is a one man operation that manages this unique business from the facility on Franklin Street. This presentation is not aimed at all toward selling these hardwoods to our group (they are however available for purchase if interested), rather to provide an opportunity for eduction.
I've attached a picture of Honduran Rosewood Eye Burl in three of the varieties he has sourced from Belize and Guatemala over the years.. You can expect to see more woods of equal exotic nature.
In addition, Brian Hart is scheduled to demonstrate the turning of his unique lidded box.
Please bring your turnings for show and tell.